Sunday 10 January 2010

The running world according to Drunken Euphoria



Chilling with an old friend I met on a run


"You hanging around Snowy?"
"Maybe longer than usual Euph"


 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Welton dale, my spirtual home running ground, which I hated so during School XC but have grown to really love.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

My backyard from the air, no brown moorland-type bits, but there are some nice sharp hills in amongst the patchwork of fields.
 
The run shown on here was a 23m there and back with a few variations. Running along the foreshore path from Hessle (note Humber Bridge), then through ferriby and a few plantations until running up the hills south of the large quarry (big white thing). It also takes in the wooded Welton Dale, the steep-sided Brantingham dale, amd between these the underrated and quiet Elloughton Dale. Running through these and up and down out of them gives me the best hill training I can get in an area where the highest hills are less than 600ft, but there are 100-300ft climbs in mostly in less than a mile, sometimes half.

No comments:

Post a Comment